Hancock County Fifth Annual Ice Quilters Derby — Announcement for 2021!
Bolt Fabrics, Quilt N Fabric, and Fabricate will be hosting a VIRTUAL Hancock County Ice Quilting Derby in January, February, and March 2021! The 5th Annual Derby will be conducted entirely by US Mail (email option also available) and will cost you *nothing*!
Here’s how it will work:
- Each shop is designing a table runner pattern.
- In January and February, each shop will mail you–for FREE!–an individual block pattern from its own table runner plus a fat eighth we’ve used in our own final design (which will be a secret!)
- The secret ends in March when each shop mails you the full table runner pattern, also for FREE!
- As in previous years, you can interpret our patterns however you like.
- Unlike previous years., we won’t be able to award prizes. Please share your finished works on the Hancock County Quilters Ice Derby FB page!
- Anyone can join the 2021 Derby, whether you live nearby or not! *No visits to our shops are required this year*
If you want to be part of this free Ice Quilting Derby please email your mailing address to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have until January 10, 2021, to sign up!
Block pattern #1 plus a fat eighth will be mailed to you the week of January 11, 2021.
*Email option: send your email address to email@example.com and we will email you each month’s pattern as a .pdf.
We hope you’ll join us as we beat the winter blues…virtually!
- Quilt ’N Fabric • 11 Seal Cove Road, Southwest Harbor, 207-244-1233
- BOLT • 7 Third Street, Bucksport, 207-702-9469
- Fabricate • 64 Mount Desert Street, Bar Harbor, 207-288-5113